Bikram Teacher Training Fall 2010

A Yogini's Journey to Become a Bikram Yoga Teacher...

Monday, September 20, 2010

"Bikram Yoga Is Simple."

Today was orientation day. This consisted of standing around in long lines. Long, long, long, long... As there are 400 of use at this teacher training.

FOUR HUNDRED!!!!

It is the biggest one there has ever been. INSANITY! But, on the "plus" side, this means I can blend into the crowd easily. No sticking out. No getting called "chicken shit sandwich"!

(Though I may have just jinxed myself.)

I finally got to meet a lot of the people I have been Facebooking and blogging with for a while. It was awesome!

We had our first few pep talks in the big tent during orientation this afternoon. The best one was from Jim Kallet, who owns a studio here in San Diego and was instrumental in finding a new home for the teacher training.

Jim said, "Bikram yoga is easy... You have everything you need... And there are three things you need to remember..."
  • No expectations. (Let go of what you think this is supposed to be. Keep an open mind.)
  • No judgements. (Again, an open mind. Forget about where you think you should be. Open you heart, your mind.)
  • Listen. (If all you do is listen, you are in the meditation. You are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Get out of your mind.)
The first week, he said, will be a "transitioning week" for us. They will be "easing" us into the intensity. But I still expect tomorrow night's first class in the hot tent to be insane. I will definitely be nervous. Just being here is crazy.

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ACTUALLY DOING THIS!

9 comments:

  1. Liked your post.Yoga do contains some tough postures which are to be practiced under a trained yoga teacher & done carefully.Yoga's benefit are ever-lasting.Yoga is fun nowadays by Yoga Retreat Programe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely one!
    i am so excited to read your blog. i did tt last time in vegas so will be following your amazing journey. if you have any questions or freak out and want to come home (i did.. regularly) please email me at chloepartridge@hotmail.com and hopefully i might be able to help you in anyway i can.. even if it is just to remind you that it will finish eventually..
    lots of love,
    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love these pieces of advice. I'm actually so excited about them that I'm curious if you'd be OK with my posting them on my blog (Alive in the Fire) and linking back to you. Congrats on The Beginning! Can't wait to read all about your insane adventures. Enjoy, have fun, and don't forget to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to follow you over the next 9 weeks! Even my husband has me reading your tweets to him when they come in on my phone! Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I will definitely be posting throughout training, what I can.

    Belovely, you may absolutely share my content. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 400?!?!?!?!?!?!? oh my word. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well... To be more accurate, it is 382 students here. But it is the largest ever. ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um... question... do you have internet in your room right now??

    Also, HI CHLOE!! Chloe was in my group, group 11!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. I do. I can have unlimited access for $20 a month.

    ReplyDelete